Eight movements based upon delightful songs and singing games from Québec. Written for the Foothills Brass of Calgary at the Sandpoint Festival in 1988. Recorded by them on compact disc for Black Bear Records (BBR 6001T) [25.00]
The score and parts in this edition have been completely re-set using excellent computer-based notation for the standard brass quintet of 2 trumpets in B-flat, horn in F, trombone and tuba. Optionally, the trumpets may double on cornets in the fourth movement and one may double on flugelhorn in the second movement.
1. Quintet: Scrambled eggs; Buy My Fresh Eggs / Omellete au lard; Cassons les ouefs. Vivace.
2. Quartet (optional flglhn, with Hn, Tb, Tu): Monday, Washday / Lundi, jour de lavage. Giocoso.
3. Quintet with horn solo: Renaud. Lamentoso e rubato.
4. Quintet with optional cornets: Flower Song / Chansons des fleurs. Allegro.
5. Trombone solo: Sailing / Dans les haubans. Vigoroso.
6. Tuba solo: The Return of the Soldier / Le Retour du Soldat . Semplice e mesto
7. Quintet: The Duckling / Petite boiteuse. Moderato.
8. Quintet: Forward March! / En avant! Allegro marcia.